Help Needed

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mandarins in copper are fine. That’s not the issue. It’s them being feed as copper kills pods. Mandarins can still carry ich as well. They have a thicker slime coat so ich has a harder time penetrating that. But ich can still harbor in the mandarins gills as well.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

we are worried and could really use some help.......
A few months ago, we got our tank set up, parameters right, and started stocking our tank. We’ve got a clown tank, an Oscellaris, 2 cardinals, 2 cleaner wrasse’s, a diamond goby, and scooter goby, cleaner shrimp, and my precious mandarin goby
Our fish do not look like they are completely well, and about a week ago, we saw lots of “snow” looking junk in the tank. Given the whitish tinge on some of our babies, we started treating for Ich.
We’ve got a bunch of frags, and 3 nems, so we started dosing PolypLab medic, and giving Metroplex with Focus in their shrimp, as well as the seaweed. We have lost a couple fish, and I am concerned I may need to do something drastic.
my parameters are as follows

90 gallon Red Sea
PH 7.85
Temp 77
Alk 12.51
Ca 528
Mg 1334
Nitrates 5ppm
And salinity 35ppt

we do not have a quarantine tank, but we will be getting one today. My concern is that, even if I qt the fish that don’t look great, the Ich is probably all over the tank (if that is in fact the issue). I dont Have anywhere to put the coral and nems, otherwise, I would move all the livestock, and so an RO soak.
Anyone have any thoughts?

C915F42C-85D6-4583-83F7-7908526ED048.jpeg

D1F8A3B6-9DD2-4350-BAD3-8D3A11E9EC43.jpeg
How did it go with the Polyp Lab Medic and Metroplex + Focus? Also, how did the mandarin do? Our mandarins are currently being treated for ich.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back