HELP! Neptune Apex A3 Won’t Update

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

so recently my apex graphs have stopped showing up and the apex has been frequently disconnecting from fusion. I noticed that my firmware needs an update which I have attempted multiple times. I have reconnected to fusion multiple times using the soft reset, the resetting of my router, the reconnection of wifi by holding reset for 6 seconds etc. When I finally get connected to fusion the update processes normally but then nothing changes and it still says I need an update. Meanwhile, I’m wondering if my dos is accurately dosing with my trident even if I can’t see anything.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity did you try the local address? By local I mean the ip address of the apex on your home network and not via Fusion?

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe I have.. not sure on how I would do that? Any tips? I had typed the apex local into my browser but nothing came up..

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe I have.. not sure on how I would do that? Any tips? I had typed the apex local into my browser but nothing came up..

You would need to know the ip address. You could obtain it from your router or access point if that is something you are comfortable with. Otherwise just ignore my comment as I don't need to send you down that rabbit hole.

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some routers don’t support apex.local. You need to look at your routers portal to find out what ip address the apex has been assigned. Then type that ip address into your web browser.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi All,

so recently my apex graphs have stopped showing up and the apex has been frequently disconnecting from fusion. I noticed that my firmware needs an update which I have attempted multiple times. I have reconnected to fusion multiple times using the soft reset, the resetting of my router, the reconnection of wifi by holding reset for 6 seconds etc. When I finally get connected to fusion the update processes normally but then nothing changes and it still says I need an update. Meanwhile, I’m wondering if my dos is accurately dosing with my trident even if I can’t see anything.
Check your fusion page and assure you are connected to fusion.
You can also do a system reset or actually chek your system for software updates

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need to know the ip address. You could obtain it from your router or access point if that is something you are comfortable with. Otherwise just ignore my comment as I don't need to send you down that rabbit hole.
Alright I logged into my router and can see my connected devices.. do you know what the apex would be called? I see some devices listed with no name.. but others do..

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I logged into my router and can see my connected devices.. do you know what the apex would be called? I see some devices listed with no name.. but others do..

I don't know what the manufacture would show up as, I'm sorry. I think mine was showing up as an oddball name for some reason (SMA Sunnyboy AV 5.0 comes to mind). I took a screen capture of my client list, unplugged it and waited for a bit, took another screen capture, then plugged it back in and compared to get it. Then set an alias on my network so it now says Apex. I'm in a Unify network though so this may not apply to you.

Thus me saying I didn't want to send out down a rabbit hold :( Sorry.

If you haven't done so go ahead and create a support ticket via their portal (Neptune). This way it gets to them in case we don't get it working here.

Edit: Just as an aside depending on OS you could also try to force a refresh. Windows Ctrl+F5 I think.

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what the manufacture would show up as, I'm sorry. I think mine was showing up as an oddball name for some reason (SMA Sunnyboy AV 5.0 comes to mind). I took a screen capture of my client list, unplugged it and waited for a bit, took another screen capture, then plugged it back in and compared to get it. Then set an alias on my network so it now says Apex. I'm in a Unify network though so this may not apply to you.

Thus me saying I didn't want to send out down a rabbit hold :( Sorry.

If you haven't done so go ahead and create a support ticket via their portal (Neptune). This way it gets to them in case we don't get it working here.

Edit: Just as an aside depending on OS you could also try to force a refresh. Windows Ctrl+F5 I think.
Okay so I found it.. and pulled it up on my browser. Now how do I log in? It’s not taking my fusion username and password.. are they different?

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not trying to be funny or smart…have you unplugged the whole system…wait 10 seconds then plug it back in…..I was having an issue where it wasn’t connecting to the internet, I unplugged the whole thing ….plugged it back in and it hooked up to the internet…

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I found it.. and pulled it up on my browser. Now how do I log in? It’s not taking my fusion username and password.. are they different?
Okay got in.. did the admin, 1234.. updated and still says communication error after saying update complete… idk what to do…

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay got in.. did the admin, 1234.. updated and still says communication error after saying update complete… idk what to do…

Ok. If you haven't may be a good idea to submit a support ticket. Have the serial number ready as it will ask along with the os version.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 104 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 110 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.3%
Back