OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to be funny or smart…have you unplugged the whole system…wait 10 seconds then plug it back in…..I was having an issue where it wasn’t connecting to the internet, I unplugged the whole thing ….plugged it back in and it hooked up to the internet…
Tried that as well.. no luck

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. If you haven't may be a good idea to submit a support ticket. Have the serial number ready as it will ask along with the os version.
I submitted a ticket, they got back to me stating they would cross ship a new brain to me.. I gave them the information they asked for and haven’t received any replies back.. so I have no clue what’s going on. I don’t know if my system is still running as normal? I had my trident and dos running auto dosing and I’m not even sure my trident is testing now.. what a mess. Makes me never want to use a controller again honestly. It would be nice if I could talk to somebody at Neptune on the phone. This email tag is a pain.. especially when you have thousands of dollars of equipment/livestock on the line..

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I submitted a ticket, they got back to me stating they would cross ship a new brain to me.. I gave them the information they asked for and haven’t received any replies back.. so I have no clue what’s going on. I don’t know if my system is still running as normal? I had my trident and dos running auto dosing and I’m not even sure my trident is testing now.. what a mess. Makes me never want to use a controller again honestly. It would be nice if I could talk to somebody at Neptune on the phone. This email tag is a pain.. especially when you have thousands of dollars of equipment/livestock on the line..

I don't know the time line and it isn't my business but maybe give them time to set up the process. Keep an eye out junk / spam folder for your email in case it ends up there.

Also depending on what schedules you use for the Trident testing it is easy to see if it is running the program. For example if you are running the standard 4/2/2 then you will get the tests at 0600, 1200, 1800, 0000 so should hear it if you happen to be near it. Or make a point to.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar issues with mine. I had to erase all the logs and files and basically flatline the Apex. I needed Neptune support to walk me thru it.

I would hardwire my Apex. The Wi-Fi module, especially with newer mesh networks, doesn’t jive.

If you can not run ethernet, look into Powerline ethernet adapters. The bandwidth sucks but it’s more than sufficient to provide stable connectivity to an Apex.

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar issues with mine. I had to erase all the logs and files and basically flatline the Apex. I needed Neptune support to walk me thru it.

I would hardwire my Apex. The Wi-Fi module, especially with newer mesh networks, doesn’t jive.

If you can not run ethernet, look into Powerline ethernet adapters. The bandwidth sucks but it’s more than sufficient to provide stable connectivity to an Apex.
It’s hardwired and still not connecting.. I think it’s fried..

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, hopefully it’s still under warranty. It would be odd (but not impossible) for it to have both faulty/fried Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Please let us know what Neptune says.

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, hopefully it’s still under warranty. It would be odd (but not impossible) for it to have both faulty/fried Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Please let us know what Neptune says.
yeah they must’ve known that something was faulty right away because after I explained what was going on they didn’t ask any questions. I’ve heard when you lose the graphs on fusion it’s not good..

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they must’ve known that something was faulty right away because after I explained what was going on they didn’t ask any questions. I’ve heard when you lose the graphs on fusion it’s not good..
I purchased my Apex used and had the “no graph” issue. It was due to a corrupt log file or files. Someone from Neptune walked me through it (I had to telnet into the Apex if I recall). This was 4-5 years ago.

The answer nowadays may just be “we’ll send you a new one.”

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my Apex used and had the “no graph” issue. It was due to a corrupt log file or files. Someone from Neptune walked me through it (I had to telnet into the Apex if I recall). This was 4-5 years ago.

The answer nowadays may just be “we’ll send you a new one.”

Sometimes it is easier to just send a replacement out then spend time trying to debug it. While I have personally not run into that issue a few times I've tried to access fusion logs and didn't see anything. When that happens I typically will hit the data logger API to see if it is at least collecting the data. This way I can rule out faulty hardware vs my network. Sometimes ISP is a bit wonky...

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it is easier to just send a replacement out then spend time trying to debug it. While I have personally not run into that issue a few times I've tried to access fusion logs and didn't see anything. When that happens I typically will hit the data logger API to see if it is at least collecting the data. This way I can rule out faulty hardware vs my network. Sometimes ISP is a bit wonky...
All the computer programming stuff is over my head haha I’ll take the new unit. Good thing for me is I don’t have a crazy system with all kinds of programming so It shouldn’t be a huge deal to swap them out.

Maoiwowie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently having the same issue. Apex is charging me for a replacement, but will credit that back when they receive my defective unit. Im waiting for the replacement as we speak. They did not try to fix the issue at all.

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently having the same issue. Apex is charging me for a replacement, but will credit that back when they receive my defective unit. Im waiting for the replacement as we speak. They did not try to fix the issue at all.
At least you heard back.. I sent All the info they needed for the cross ship and never received a reply.. so here I sit with a broken apex flying blind with 15 acro frags on the way haha

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both times I have reached out to their support they have been really great. As mentioned above they can access the unit from their end if given permission, but skipping all that and getting a new brain is even better I would say.
If you are worried about any automated systems currently running in the mean time you could call and confirm with them, but I believe in the event the unit is disconnected it keeps running all the same settings regardless.

"If you have used the resources here and here, do not want to wait for us to contact you, and still feel you need to contact phone support, then please contact us at 408-779-4090 then press #1, M-F, 9 am – 5 pm Pacific Standard Time."

I would definitely call if you are concerned or still waiting. Their support has been excellent to me so far

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine on a new router and have no issues via wifi an mine is asus rt-ax88u, and it shows up in my list as IEEE Registration Authority. I know your getting a new one, but just want to put in that my new router works great and the odd name it gives it.

OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both times I have reached out to their support they have been really great. As mentioned above they can access the unit from their end if given permission, but skipping all that and getting a new brain is even better I would say.
If you are worried about any automated systems currently running in the mean time you could call and confirm with them, but I believe in the event the unit is disconnected it keeps running all the same settings regardless.

"If you have used the resources here and here, do not want to wait for us to contact you, and still feel you need to contact phone support, then please contact us at 408-779-4090 then press #1, M-F, 9 am – 5 pm Pacific Standard Time."

I would definitely call if you are concerned or still waiting. Their support has been excellent to me so far
I’ll give them a day or two longer and reach out.. thank you!

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ha this same issue and it turned out to be a corrupted MiroSD card. Suffice to say my support experience with Neptune has been terrible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wakejumper22

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ha this same issue and it turned out to be a corrupted MiroSD card. Suffice to say my support experience with Neptune has been terrible.

That’s what I have learned as well… someone posted a video on the Neptune owners Facebook on how to replace the sd card.. takes like 2 minutes.. wish I would’ve seen it before I sent it back. Did get the new unit installed, just waiting on my cross ship refund

lanerjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread. But still valid for anyone experiencing no graphs or not being able to update configuration or not being able to update the firmware on their neptune apex. This information needs to show up higher in search results, that is why I am adding this to this thread.

Here is what worked for me.
Save Neptune Apex configuration from apex.local (just in case)

Remove microSD card from Neptune Apex.
Take backup of files from Neptune Apex microSD card.
Format new microSD card as Fat32 and name it eA (same as old card)
Copy backed up files to new microSD card.
Insert the new microSD card into Neptune Apex.

After doing it like this, I did not have to reconfigure the wifi, any of my ports, or any of my programming.
I only had to Calibrate my salinity and PH probes.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 106 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.7%
Back