Help! New to plumbing

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is silly but this is my first time plumbing a union. I'm dry fitting everything but the sch 40 pipe is not going all the way in the sch 80 union. Is it supposed to go half way in? Or all the way in? Omg i banged it all the way in but can't get it out ! Lol.Unfortunately stopped the plumbing because of this.[emoji20

Last edited:

alyee5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out when I plumbed my tank that after I dry fitted and thought everything was good to go, when I actually applied the glue to the pipe would easily slide all the way into the fitting leaving me 1/16" to 1/8" short. Also, make sure that end cut of your pipe is square otherwise the pipe won't go all the way in either. So I started to mark on the pipe where it should go all the way in and I was good to go thereafter.

OP
OP
Saltwaterwill

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I dry fitted my drains, is there a easy way to remove these pvc pipes and fittings easily?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a little silicone grease to make them easier to put together and take apart. Obviously remember to wipe them clean before gluing though haha

cprice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can slide something down the length of the pipe so that it catches the lip of the fitting it can help loosen it off with a couple light blows

OP
OP
Saltwaterwill

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can slide something down the length of the pipe so that it catches the lip of the fitting it can help loosen it off with a couple light blows

Yep, just like u said I winded up doing this plus I winded up boiling some water dumping the parts I want to remove in it and it made the process easier, so far I made a MESs!!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back