OP
Bwgrohs

Bwgrohs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[
Not yet, have a email into SENEYE now. Seeing what they say.

QUOTE="brandon429, post: 7931784, member: 48701"]
Really nice scape and arch, open swimming space, controlled bioloading this tank is fully balanced most certainly. It’s reading is in the thousandths, not the hundredths though why this tester won’t agree is tbd, can’t wait to see seneye review.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can’t wait to see seneye’s response for rise that fast in a few hours with no changes to the tank, and even better, what they do about the $ not working meter.

seneye logs can be attached as files
can you load your readings curious to see the trending lately, and curious to know if your meter ever read .00x / thousands ppm or if it always read .ox / hundredths as it did before going next level. They will want to see as well. A screen shot capture might work

curious to see the display tank level trending for the meter perhaps yesterday’s reading where it spiked and then a reading from back when the tank was new so we can see the rising effect

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bwgrohs

Bwgrohs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can’t wait to see seneye’s response for rise that fast in a few hours with no changes to the tank, and even better, what they do about the $ not working meter.

seneye logs can be attached as files
can you load your readings curious to see the trending lately, and curious to know if your meter ever read .00x / thousands ppm or if it always read .ox / hundredths as it did before going next level. They will want to see as well. A screen shot capture might work

curious to see the display tank level trending for the meter perhaps yesterday’s reading where it spiked and then a reading from back when the tank was new so we can see the rising effect
Overnight, the level drop to in the .050 range in seconds. Yes I can get you my reports (aquarium mate) and graphs (Seneye) later today. I now know the slide isn't working. Yet I followed the soaking direction to a ”T”. I guess nothing is perfect , right! Still think that for the price of the tool it should be a bit more consistent.

I have had a slide that has read in the .00x range never below .002. Again the problem started with the change of the slide.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want them to honor/fix/make it not repeat somehow. Ensuring that high level device is spot-on now tests the service side of the coin, so far they've been great.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one of the handiest traits reef2reef has to offer above most sites is the absolute certainty of reef tank cycling. your tank's ability was never in doubt not for 1/2 a second.

I guarantee you on other sites you'd have been told to buy bottled bac, stabilize before the crash etc. Reef2Reef allowing posters to buck the common rules is why that is unique to this site-we were able to evolve and see that what tanks do is reliable and what testers do can be variable.

it used to be back in the day to challenge a test kit, any test kit, would get you flame from the posters; flame back and forth lead to banning, all because of going totally against what a reef test kit said-even the best one we can own. Freedom in a site to allow evolution has benefits for sure, we saved money today and you should be getting a new probe in the mail or something tangible for the fix/tbd

OP
OP
Bwgrohs

Bwgrohs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one of the handiest traits reef2reef has to offer above most sites is the absolute certainty of reef tank cycling. your tank's ability was never in doubt not for 1/2 a second.

I guarantee you on other sites you'd have been told to buy bottled bac, stabilize before the crash etc. Reef2Reef allowing posters to buck the common rules is why that is unique to this site-we were able to evolve and see that what tanks do is reliable and what testers do can be variable.

it used to be back in the day to challenge a test kit, any test kit, would get you flame from the posters; flame back and forth lead to banning, all because of going totally against what a reef test kit said-even the best one we can own. Freedom in a site to allow evolution has benefits for sure, we saved money today and you should be getting a new probe in the mail or something tangible for the fix/tbd
Well, although I am recently back in the game after a 8 yr brake. I think that what you are stating about us ”trying things” is half of the fun of the hobby! Yes, I am all about trying to follow the rules, but I am also willing to do something has never been tried before. With that said, I am not in the hobby of killing off livestock in the pursuit of an experiment! Thanks for you help, and support. I have never used the site, but am definitely going to keep in my back pocket as a resource!

OP
OP
Bwgrohs

Bwgrohs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SENEYE is now working! Levels are back t normal. I think the slide readjusted, acclimated, or whatever verb is correct. As of today, I have heard back from SENEYE, and they asked me to take a picture of the slide to see if it had been contaminated or faulty slide.

I responded to them telling them that I have yet to have a slide that worked for the full 30 days. Yes, I will get you a picture but it seems that it is a larger issue in the system. that answer could very well be, "Our product is an imperfect hobby grade solution, but it is one of the best of the market." I would expect this answer, but I would say that it is something that the producers of the product should be honest about.

I do understand that I sound as if I am just ranting, but I feel that I have spent a good amount of money (with the understanding that this is an expensive hobby) to secure that I am doing the right husbandry possible. Yet the product does not seem to hold to its end of the deal.

With that said, I will sick with the product, and hope to hear from them soon about a solution.
IMG_1377.jpg

OP
OP
Bwgrohs

Bwgrohs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SENEYE is now working! Levels are back t normal. I think the slide readjusted, acclimated, or whatever verb is correct. As of today, I have heard back from SENEYE, and they asked me to take a picture of the slide to see if it had been contaminated or faulty slide.

I responded to them telling them that I have yet to have a slide that worked for the full 30 days. Yes, I will get you a picture but it seems that it is a larger issue in the system. that answer could very well be, "Our product is an imperfect hobby grade solution, but it is one of the best of the market." I would expect this answer, but I would say that it is something that the producers of the product should be honest about.

I do understand that I sound as if I am just ranting, but I feel that I have spent a good amount of money (with the understanding that this is an expensive hobby) to secure that I am doing the right husbandry possible. Yet the product does not seem to hold to its end of the deal.

With that said, I will sick with the product, and hope to hear from them soon about a solution.
IMG_1377.jpg
They just emailed me with this:
"Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the further information,

We would expect the readings to change slightly when a new slide is fitted because the slide is made up of two chemical pads these natural degrade over time.

Also, the device is out of the water for a moment therefore the readings will be different due to the different environment or/and it is always possible that a bit of air is still in the device obscuring the initial readings.

However, seeing a picture of the slide is still the best way to tell if something have compromised the slide so we will wait for this.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Seneye Support Team"

I figured that that would be the response.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done follow up and with it back in thousandths it doesn’t seem like a bad reader now

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back