Help. No sure what is up with this RFA

Andari26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2 Rock Flower Anemones a couple of weeks ago. One is thriving and the other is sort of half closed.
Can anyone ID what may cause this? It had settled a bit to close to a torch and I moved the torch but I'm not sure if this was just coral on anemone violence or if it could be something else. Any assist is appreciated. First pic is RFA I put in same day. Second pic, please check out left side and odd appearance.

RFA1.jpg RFA2.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I added 2 Rock Flower Anemones a couple of weeks ago. One is thriving and the other is sort of half closed.
Can anyone ID what may cause this? It had settled a bit to close to a torch and I moved the torch but I'm not sure if this was just coral on anemone violence or if it could be something else. Any assist is appreciated. First pic is RFA I put in same day. Second pic, please check out left side and odd appearance.

RFA1.jpg RFA2.jpg
Are you feeding and how often?
They also do this when there is too much light. Also high nitrates and phosphate

OP
OP
Andari26

Andari26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeding mysis about every 3-4 day. I setup yesterday so I can do a 50% water change later today. Haven't done one that big in ages, but I was already planning on doing a deep clean of the rocks and sandbed so hopefully this will help if it is parameter issue. It could be nitrates, they were a bit elevated last time I tested but I only did a 20% water change. Hopefully 50% will help address. Thanks, we'll see how it goes. He did eat yesterday.

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think its just trying to move.
Nvm, but I once have rfa that seems fine until it inverted itself basically turning inside out! then it died, but before that happen I was stressing it and wanting it to move to a spot that I wanted. I suggest not doing anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%

Back