Help please! Lineatus wrasse not looking good

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a lineatus wrasse in qt. No ammonia, well aerated, no meds. He had been fine since Sunday but came home to him like you see him in the video. Is he ok or is something wrong? He didn't eat that I could see this morning but seemed ok before that.

Last edited:

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a lineatus wrasse in qt. No ammonia, well aerated, no meds. He had been fine since Sunday but came home to him like you see him in the video. Is he ok or is something wrong? He didn't eat that I could see this morning but seemed ok before that.
Cant see the video.
With wrasses it is common they do not eat right away, and benefit from stress reducers, subdued or no lighting day or 2, numerous hiding spots etc. live brine shrimp are good feeding enticer, along with adding selco or fish oil to food.

Ime most wrasses come wit some kind of infection or parasite, most common for me has been flukes, but mileage probably varies.

After he is eating again medicating for with api general cure maybe in order.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-current-qt-process.483371/

This should help with best practices with qt as well :)

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses like to hide. Just keep feeding and cleaning and doing water changes... what are you feeding and has he taken anything yet?

OP
OP
Punchanello

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was mostly concerned by the breathing/panting in the video. I saw him tentatively moving about the tank this morning but still breathing rapidly. Could this be an indicator of ich in the gills or something else?

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rapid breathing can be an indicator of low oxygenation... but as long as you have good surface agitation and water change over and you're making sure zero ammonia you should be good.

Back