Help please! Question about filling my reef with water to fill the gap at the top!

Scape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have a reef aquarium and I was wondering if anyone would kindly help me with a question I have, Any answers will be highly appreciated,

So I have about a 2 inch gap between my water and the top of the tank, I now want to fill the tank up with water about half an inch to fill this gap, when I initially setup the tank I left too much space for displacement and didn't put as much water in as I wanted so ended up with this 1 inch or so gap,

The question is do I fill this gap with freshwater like a top off or do I mix some salt water and then put that in to fill the gap?

All my levels are currently tip top (good) I just want to fill the gap!..... Help me fill this gap!.. Please.

I apologise if I'm not being clear or maybe have confused you and I appreciate your patience in my question.

Thank you

A.A

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

You'll want to fill up with saltwater. If you fill it up with freshwater it may drop your salinity.

OP
OP
Scape

Scape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thank you so much!

That's really helped me a lot and I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!

Very helpful answer and so quick!

Have a great day!

A.A

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back