Help! Pumps and algae turning white??

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just ran home for lunch and to do my mid day feeding and found that 2 of my wave pumps and some algae on the glass is turning white?? All on the same side of tank. Left side. Seems to be contained to about a 1foot area currently. Changes as of last 24hrs are cleaned the sump of all hair algae. There was a ton of it. Flipped over some of the Bio blocks and added a bag of chemi pure elite. The one with ferric oxide. Thats about it. Moved some corals around also. Ill get a pic after work if needed. Anyone else have something like this happen?

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the coralline algae on my pump turn white this is usually right after I do a water change and they've been exposed to the lights without water the power from the lights 10 in the park ends to bleach them out if they're exposed to the air too long they could just be bleaching out as well I'll be looking for the picture to see if I can try and help

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you usually run chemipure elite with gfo? if not thats most likely it. i have had gfo do odd things in my tank. white algae usually means its dying (a good thing). flipping the bio blocks coulda also caused a small spike in something like ammonia.

OP
OP
B

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be taking a pic here shortly. I have been using chemi wit gfo...yes. so.ething strange is deff goin on

OP
OP
B

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201029_170503.jpg

What do ya think?

OP
OP
B

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usally leave this side grow some small hair on the glass for my lawnmower blenny... but this is strange

OP
OP
B

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found it all around the areas I glued some frags and small colonies. Even on my black sand. So im thinkin it from the coral glue....i have already cleared the glass off...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back