Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
poornaso.jpg
poordeadnaso.jpg

Bought this guy a month ago. He was eating nori like crazy but nothing else no matter how i tried. Once he started to get weak my hippo sensed weakness and started pounding on him. Found him stuck to a powerhead when i got in from work a week ago. Lasted about 3 weeks. Sucks. I have only lost about 4 fish total in my 25 years of doing this and i sensed something else was gooing on with him. I think you guys might be on to something with this cyanide thing.

th365thli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small Naso pass away less than week having it. Was fine during the day, then found it gone the next day.

I bought a larger Naso some time later. It was fine for about a month, but yesterday it started showing some weird signs, and today it settled in a corner. My tank is ich management so I pulled it out and put it in a 10 gallon hospital with copper power.

But I'm not confident if it'll pull through. It did eat a little today. If this one passes I might just give up on Nasos. My other tangs are lively and voracious *knock on wood*. So I wonder if I'm just having bad luck or if there's something up with Nasos.

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my blonde naso for about three years but it did take maybe three or four to get one that adjusted.

I’d assumed stress and shock but the stories you folks have heard suggest cyanide

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 9" naso that I purchased from the lfs, doing the same things mentioned above. Does not eat seaweed that's offered but will only eat 2-3 small bites of LRS reef frenzy, fish frenzy or mysis. Definitely won't be enough to sustain keeping him alive

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I currently have a 9" naso that I purchased from the lfs, doing the same things mentioned above. Does not eat seaweed that's offered but will only eat 2-3 small bites of LRS reef frenzy, fish frenzy or mysis. Definitely won't be enough to sustain keeping him alive
I cant get mine to stop eating.
How was fish acclimated and for how long?
Did you ask to see it eat at LFS ?See if you can get live brine shrimp. If not, frozen spirulina Brine shrimp, small plankton and chopped krill as well as Formula 2 frozen
Assure temp- salinity- ph- nitrate not elevated.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to put my blonde naso on a diet. Mine eats reef nutrition tdo pellets like M&Ms. I have a fiji foxface that only eat the pellets and nori. They are coated with algae and all my herbivores love them. I got this one as a juvenile a little over a year ago. I did lose one prior to this guy.
IMG_20230226_115156076_MP.jpg

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get mine to stop eating.
How was fish acclimated and for how long?
Did you ask to see it eat at LFS ?See if you can get live brine shrimp. If not, frozen spirulina Brine shrimp, small plankton and chopped krill as well as Formula 2 frozen
Assure temp- salinity- ph- nitrate not elevated.
Drip acclimated until doubled in water volume.
Temp controlled by inkbird and checked with Hanna, same with salinity. 78 degrees and 35ppt
I'll have to check on PH and nitrates
Where can I buy live brine shrimp? Not available at lfs

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Drip acclimated until doubled in water volume.
Temp controlled by inkbird and checked with Hanna, same with salinity. 78 degrees and 35ppt
I'll have to check on PH and nitrates
Where can I buy live brine shrimp? Not available at lfs
Generally an LFS. There is mail order but you'd have to pay shipping.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back