Help Reefsquad

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad #reefsquadleader #Reefsquadleaders

My Cyano didnt clear up after using Chemclean, worked, but cleared up 85%, still persists. Caused by using Vibrant for Bryopsis.

I literally cant decide what problem to take care of first. Feel as though Bropsis is starting to show in different spots by the week. I pull and suck it up weekly.

I just added tangs this weekend, will help bring up nutrients.

What do I do? Dose Chemclean again? Or leave Cyano alone and dose for Bryopsis? I have no clue what to do and need help...

Will dosing Reefflux possibly make Cyano worse or will it have no effect?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help. I have never had bryopsis take over. But all the common algaes I have dealt with. My experience is the more chemicals I use, the deeper hole I get. I would add tangs, just like you did. What kind did you put in? Have you looked at more snails, small hermits, and urchins?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Leave cyano and vacuum as needed. Go after that Bryopsis first.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help. I have never had bryopsis take over. But all the common algaes I have dealt with. My experience is the more chemicals I use, the deeper hole I get. I would add tangs, just like you did. What kind did you put in? Have you looked at more snails, small hermits, and urchins?

Exactly! Fix the problem instead of dumping bottle after bottle of chemicals in your tank

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally add 36 snails and 36 assorted hermits every 76 days. I have numerous stars, two urchins, and dozen shrimp for clean up crew.

Had a white tail bristletooth in the tank prior. I added a yellow, a purple, a blue hippo, and a gem tang.

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave cyano and vacuum as needed. Go after that Bryopsis first.
I had vaccuum as much as possible prior to Chemclean dose. I was thinking the same as far as Bryopsis goes. Just didn't know affect it could have with the Cyano. I'll go after Bryopsis first with reefflux.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've battled bryopsis in my nano with fluconazole not sure if you've come across that treatment recommendation in this forum. I've done two treatments back to back 28 days. At day 14 we did a water change and another at the end of second treatment. Reef Flux (fluconazole) is a common choice for beating back bryopsis/GHA and turf algae. It's been eliminated from my tank where vibrant and the CuC couldn't do the job.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad #reefsquadleader #Reefsquadleaders

My Cyano didnt clear up after using Chemclean, worked, but cleared up 85%, still persists. Caused by using Vibrant for Bryopsis.

I literally cant decide what problem to take care of first. Feel as though Bropsis is starting to show in different spots by the week. I pull and suck it up weekly.

I just added tangs this weekend, will help bring up nutrients.

What do I do? Dose Chemclean again? Or leave Cyano alone and dose for Bryopsis? I have no clue what to do and need help...

Will dosing Reefflux possibly make Cyano worse or will it have no effect?
Keep using ChemiClean but increase oxygenation,and add emerald crab(s) for bryopsis

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back