Nuisance ID Please

malders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I went through a treatment for bryopsis and cyano over the past 6 months. I used flux for bryopsis which appears gone and chemiclean for cyano which Im not sure is gone. During the last six months my nitrate has risen from ~5 to ~25 and last two months from .0X to over .3. Theres a variety of reasons for this some of it the treatments, some of it the holidays, some new fish overfeeding and etc. Im dealing with the nutrients through a 10% auto water change throughout the week and then a manual 10-15% on the weekend. Im also dosing some nitrifying bacteria(weekly) and blowing of as much algae from the rock as I can (daily). I can't tell what specifically Im dealing with and want to make sure Im performing the right treatment. The first pic is brown and fuzzy algae that does not blow off. The second pic is brown and red and will have some blow off. Thanks in advance for the help and treatment suggestions!

20231204_135906-2.jpg 20231204_135906.jpg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t tell from the pics, probably hair algae in the first pic and maybe Dino’s or cyano. Really need better pics, I’m pretty much just guessing the most common issues since I can’t see anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back