Help Reviewing ICP Test

PhytoFactory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Wondering if someone can help me review my icp test.

The main issues I can see are the high sulphur, lithium, and looking for recommendations on dosing trace elements as they all seem to be low. Currently dosing brightwell aminos, koral color, and Restor.
Any help would be appreciated.

66B07297-A0F5-42CC-9114-033841BE651B.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, lithium is not a concern. It comes with many salt mixes and does little in our aquaria (IMO).

Are you dosing anything with strontium? I'd stop that.

The sulfur is from sulfate and unless you use large amounts of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and no magnesium chloride, it likely came with your salt mix. There's no evidence on what levels of sulfate are undesirable.

OP
OP
PhytoFactory

PhytoFactory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, lithium is not a concern. It comes with many salt mixes and does little in our aquaria (IMO).

Are you dosing anything with strontium? I'd stop that.

The sulfur is from sulfate and unless you use large amounts of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and no magnesium chloride, it likely came with your salt mix. There's no evidence on what levels of sulfate are undesirable.
Thanks Randy, I’m not dosing anything with strontium, I haven’t dosed any form of trace elements specifically, my reef pro part a for the calcium also has minor elements including strontium, just very surprising that everything else would be so low and strontium would be so high. I use Neo Marine Salt which also has strontium allegedly at the level of 7.62 which is way lower than the 14.3 the ICP test rated. Would you recommend something like a 20% water change of salt mix rated at half the value of the existing amount or should I go heavier 30% to reduce the strontium?

Back