Help running 4x older 6055s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I need some help figuring out the best and preferably affordable way to run 4x 6055s.
Basic plan is alternating pairs running across the tank (110g tall), though some form of random or semi random option could be nice as well and I'd like to run a moonlight sensor. May need to upgrade to stronger pumps depending on how the brickwork turns out, but for now, here's what I have:

3x 6055s. Older models with the little black box and no included controller
1x 7092 controller
(No 4th pump yet. Being patient has paid off so far though)

Not quite sure which way to go based on what I already have and the number of accessories that have been discontinued or are otherwise unavailable.

I believe the most straightforward option would be 1x 7092.34, but those appear to be discontinued and not clear on if it's compatible with the newer pumps (I'll have to make the switch eventually). Would 2x 7090.300 work instead? Do I need to get a 7090 controller or two to make them all work together? I believe I've seen somewhere that the 7092 and 7090 can be setup to talk to each other.

Next easiest option would be a multicontroller, likely the 7097 as it's the easiest to find, but that's a bit more than I was hoping to spend for now. Might go that route (or hydros or apex) eventually if it's worth the extra functionality. I'm not entirely clear what the various Tunze controllers can all do to be honest.

Thanks for any replies. Just trying to figure out my options before I start buying stuff that won't work together.

Roy Arena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can look at the 7096 multicontroller. It looks like its still available. I have had one for many years and its worked flawlessly. The 7097 gives you the added option to control lights as well.
Multicontroller 7096 - Tunze

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back