Help! Sea cucumber milking

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
363
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sea cucumber that I've had for a year is releasing some milky substance near his head. I think he's angry because I moved him.

What should I do?
 
Last edited:
hmm..... I read up a bit, and it may be more harmful than I thought. The ones in the aquarium trade are generally not toxic to people, but some sea cucs can release something bad called holothurin. Regardless, Bob Fenner seems to regard this defense with caution, so a water change & carbon might be in order.
 
Last edited:
I trashed the cucumber and added carbon. I felt bad for the guy but I couldn't risk all the fish.
 
Are you sure it wasn't spawning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new