Help selling Acro

Agree, if you can keep a clam alive for a few months you can keep any SPS coral.
 
How's your frag doing? I got a Chicago sunburst for my VIP mystery coral.

TSA Goliath frag is probably worth $50-$60. It's not a fancy tenius so people won't pay much for it.
 
tsa has that for $250 for a small frag
so that colony, geeezzz, woowww, worth A LOT!!! I would maybe call up tsa if u can right now and ask how much they think its worth
go to a local lfs, tell them how much u think its worth, ask if u can sell it to them for store credit or some cash :D
colony? lol are you TSA's hypeman? yeahhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 
It’s true, if you can keep clams you can keep acropora.

Nope, still wrong… 2 or 3 years ago I grew a derasa from 2” to around 5” before selling, sure I could grow seriatapora, stylo’s, even digi’s, encrusters,. couldn’t grow/sustain acro’s.. not saying they can’t exist in same tank or anything like that, clams are good for sps tanks because they help water quality..I’m just saying that keeping clams is not a qualifier for all Sps (Acros), clams are much more forgiving with chem swings, aren’t as much PAR hogs and do not require a keepers ability with proper flow. SPS in general outside acro’s yes, Acro’s No…Tenuis, Speciosa, Spathulata heck no
 
These are some pretty wide assumption answers. Not all clams or all sps are the same. Derasa are some of the most forgiving of the clams considering lighting and can typically thrive at half the par that some sps require to just survive. Then there is flow and other parameters involved. Because you can keep a derasa alive does not mean you can keep a high end acro alive, whether that is a high end acro or not I dont know.

I would try it myself. I also would not expect anyone to pay $400 for that acro you'd be lucky if you got $50 for it. Keep it try to put it up in the highest lighting and flow you have. As for other parameters you are probably fine unless alk is very high and nutrients are very low.
 
My first reef when I was 16 had a awesome blue clam. It was a 46gallon bow front reef with dual 150 watt viper halide fixtures. I grew that clam just fine. Every acro I tried died
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new