Help setting led light

Mitch Ellingson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon tank.
I got the current usa orbit maribe led light with ic loop.
http://current-usa.com/loop/orbit-ic-led-aquarium-light/

I can adjust the percentage for the red, green, blue, white lights.
What's the best percentage to set each of these to get best par value to get corals to grow during day and at night?
The default it's set to my soft coral doesn't seem to like the bright default daylight.

Georb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2debc161fb16f6ea459b7f115da2a1a5.jpg

Georb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad quality. It's a PDF I can email it to you. What I use for a guide line and I add how they react.

OP
OP
Mitch Ellingson

Mitch Ellingson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I downloaded that guide, but it doesn't tell me what I should set my rgbw light at percentage. I can do 0 to 100% intensity on my rgbw

Georb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know after reading so much stuff I realized that when you setup your light you need to sit and see how everything response to the light power and spectrum. Like us every coral is unique in their needs and like different things. I have discovered that this is not a set it and forget it hobby.

OP
OP
Mitch Ellingson

Mitch Ellingson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I am goint to try the LPS SPS setting now, may need to make minor tweaks per article and like Georb said. But right away so far my coral opened up a bit more within 15 minutes!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color is actually somewhat irrelevant. Corals Ave grown quite well for 56k to 25000 kelvin.
Set the color to your eye and make the tank look good.
The importance is in overall intensity and duration.
Decide on the par levels you want to work with. Also rock work needs to be considered.
If the rock is low you may need more intensity to reach it the par desired there.
At full maximum on the orbit 12in from the light the par is approx 550. See specs.
So a rock six in from the light is likeley to be in the 700+ range.

I run a very long photo period but half of it is at a lower intensity or is basicly moon light blue pop. (2hrs am/pm) with low intensity. And then a six hour peak lighting time.

James Johnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know several people that run these lights, unfortunately while they have a lot of features they are slightly lacking in intensity. What is the depth of the tank? You might have to max out the light to get much PAR or add a second fixture. Looks like you have a couple acro frags on the bottom I really doubt that the light will be enough to not brown them out. Only person I have heard of having success with these lights and acros is when they ran 2 fixtures over a shallow 20 long I believe that's 12" deep. You should be able to grow low light corals with them but on a 125g you need to spend more on lighting if your gonna do acros. Something like a radion xr30 pro or a AI hydra 52. Otherwise you will just slowly watch them turn brown due to lack of light. Just my 2 cents

Jay York

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ce67ae0c9b31d8cfa7d0ac8e9dca33a1.jpg

All my guys seem to be happy
Thank you. I am goint to try the LPS SPS setting now, may need to make minor tweaks per article and like Georb said. But right away so far my coral opened up a bit more within 15 minutes!
Do you remember what your settings were? I have a similar setup and I’m trying to find the right levels for my coral too.

revco33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know several people that run these lights, unfortunately while they have a lot of features they are slightly lacking in intensity. What is the depth of the tank? You might have to max out the light to get much PAR or add a second fixture. Looks like you have a couple acro frags on the bottom I really doubt that the light will be enough to not brown them out. Only person I have heard of having success with these lights and acros is when they ran 2 fixtures over a shallow 20 long I believe that's 12" deep. You should be able to grow low light corals with them but on a 125g you need to spend more on lighting if your gonna do acros. Something like a radion xr30 pro or a AI hydra 52. Otherwise you will just slowly watch them turn brown due to lack of light. Just my 2 cents

I got an acro on the sand. It's been growing well. I do have two orbits, but it still grew under one before I got the 2nd light. I raised the orbits up off the water about 8 inches from like 4. Still good. Moving the acro up caused it to brown. Not the light. I moved it back and it was happy again. I did have a blue acro up top that was acclimated for an hour. It died in two days. Literally within 12 hours. acro mid to low with the orbit in 12-14 inch of water. I wish I would have gotten a kessel or Prime light, but whatever. it works

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back