Help setting up kessil 160 tuna lights

Alaskan4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank with leathers, torches, mushrooms,acans,ect and I am not sure how to program my new lights. Can anyone help me please??

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par meter is the best and really only way to dial in your new lights to the old ones. The 160s are simple in that you just adjust the intensity knob and color knob then you are done. The 160s are a bit small for a 90g but bing a corner tank and onky soft corals and lps you might be ok.

OP
OP
Alaskan4ever

Alaskan4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par meter is the best and really only way to dial in your new lights to the old ones. The 160s are simple in that you just adjust the intensity knob and color knob then you are done. The 160s are a bit small for a 90g but bing a corner tank and onky soft corals and lps you might be ok.
I have 2 in there is that not enough?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you using the spectral controller? How high off the water are they mounted? How close are the corals to the surface of the water? Post a pic of your setup and we can better help you.
But for starters, I would do a 12hr lighting cycle (ramp up/down if you're using the controller/or apex), set the color to your liking, but 20% to 60% color is pretty good (I never went above 50% color on mine) and intensity at 50% to 70% to start. If you don't have the controller, then I would do 10hrs at 50% to 60% to start and see how the corals react. If they're stretching, then you can increase the light about 5% a week until they settle in. Go slow and wait a week in-between setting changes. It's better to have your corals in lower light than too much light.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the spectral controller? How high off the water are they mounted? How close are the corals to the surface of the water? Post a pic of your setup and we can better help you.
But for starters, I would do a 12hr lighting cycle (ramp up/down if you're using the controller/or apex), set the color to your liking, but 20% to 60% color is pretty good (I never went above 50% color on mine) and intensity at 50% to 70% to start. If you don't have the controller, then I would do 10hrs at 50% to 60% to start and see how the corals react. If they're stretching, then you can increase the light about 5% a week until they settle in. Go slow and wait a week in-between setting changes. It's better to have your corals in lower light than too much light.
Nailed it!^

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each tank is unique and has different lighting requirements. That being said Kessil Logic ensures that no matter what color you choose your corals are getting the key spectrums needed for photosynthesis. Color is more of personal preference, most people like to start at 0% in the morning and have the color ramp up to 50-100% midday and ramp back down in the evening. Intensity and duration will be individual to your tank but the most important. If you're unsure slowly build up your peak intensity as to slowly acclimate your coral and monitor them closely.

For reference, the A160's have a spread of 24"x24" for soft coral tanks and 20"x20" for a mixed reef.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back