Help to ID a coral

Reef-_-Noob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2022
Messages
297
Reaction score
92
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers.

Picked up this coral today but not sure what it is. It looks like a type of encrusting coral. Under blue lights it is really orange. Any help is appreciated thank you

20220710_212207.jpg 20220710_212217.jpg
 
Is it a favia? A pachyceris? A pavona?

From what I can see it’s an encrusting coral that will form massive boulders over time but that’s all I got for you from your photos. Gl
Kris
 
Is it a favia? A pachyceris? A pavona?

From what I can see it’s an encrusting coral that will form massive boulders over time but that’s all I got for you from your photos. Gl
Kris
It's most definitely not a favia as favia is an Atlantic only species.
 
The picture quality is not good so it's hard to differentiate, I looked into Favia and then maybe favites?? because it was similar but then the psammy looked to be it . I have a branching psammy , crazy how the same genus can differ so much
 
The picture quality is not good so it's hard to differentiate, I looked into Favia and then maybe favites?? because it was similar but then the psammy looked to be it . I have a branching psammy , crazy how the same genus can differ so much
also the coral is not velvety which makes me think it may not be psammy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new