Help troubleshooting rodi system

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so i went ahead and did some preventative maintenance on rodi filter and replaced the cartridges.

Ive got a sediment filter going to a 1 micron carbon block, then an additionap 1 micron carbon block, up to the ro canisters 2x total for 150gpd. After this i have 2x di resin canisters.

My tds meter usually reads 40 IN, 0-1 Out. Output tds meter is placed just before the di canisters.

I just replaced the first sediment and 1 micron carbon blocks, ive ran about 3 gallonsthrough the system and my output tds is still showing at 5- 7tds.

Should i verify alignment of the inline tds meters, or should i keep running water through?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so i went ahead and did some preventative maintenance on rodi filter and replaced the cartridges.

Ive got a sediment filter going to a 1 micron carbon block, then an additionap 1 micron carbon block, up to the ro canisters 2x total for 150gpd. After this i have 2x di resin canisters.

My tds meter usually reads 40 IN, 0-1 Out. Output tds meter is placed just before the di canisters.

I just replaced the first sediment and 1 micron carbon blocks, ive ran about 3 gallonsthrough the system and my output tds is still showing at 5- 7tds.

Should i verify alignment of the inline tds meters, or should i keep running water through?
Did you flush the membrane for awhile after installing the carbon blocks? Sometimes debris from the carbon can clog your membrane decreasing it’s efficiency

OP
OP
D

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you flush the membrane for awhile after installing the carbon blocks? Sometimes debris from the carbon can clog your membrane decreasing it’s efficiency
I tried to flush for 5 minutes or so.. Going to move my incoming tds meter to after di resin and get back asap to you guyz

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to move my incoming tds meter to after di resin
I would not. You had it right the first time. Just run 10 or more gallons and check it out. It will work either way, but you should get your numbers down prior to DI to make resin last longer.

OP
OP
D

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not. You had it right the first time. Just run 10 or more gallons and check it out. It will work either way, but you should get your numbers down prior to DI to make resin last longer.
Great, thank you. Ill go ahead and swap di resins after i get 0tds going into them. How many gallons are you guys getting out of the filters. Seems mine lasted 200 gallons or so before tds creeped up to 1 -3ppm

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends solely on incoming TDS. I have 32ppm so I go years and thousands of gallons. I tend to replace the 3 membranes every decade or longer. And filters every 2-4 years and pre filter at same time but it gest pressure washed many many times due to the rust in all the pipes here.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thank you. Ill go ahead and swap di resins after i get 0tds going into them. How many gallons are you guys getting out of the filters. Seems mine lasted 200 gallons or so before tds creeped up to 1 -3ppm
That’s a good question, I’m not sure how many times I fill up my FW tank till I end up replacing one of the DI canisters. If I had to take a guess I’d say around 500 gallons

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been using an RO/DI since 2009. Every time I change filters my TDS goes up. They always come back down after a while. I thing dirty filters actually filter better to a point.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back