Help: Two white spots on Decora

  • Thread starter Thread starter martin.a
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Will try. I tried frozen rotifers and cyclops. They seem too small. But now, when I think about it... I do have seen at least one Threadfin picking pods up from the glass.
Rotifers are too small, but the red cyclops should be large enough.
 
My Exquisita has scraped himself up on LR before and the lesions healed within a few days.

Food-wise, have your tried Rod's LRS nano? This is my guy's favorite food.
 
Rotifers are too small, but the red cyclops should be large enough.
I tried cyclops again today, and they were much better received than previously. My error previously was offering them mixed with mysis. Fish went for the big prey ignoring the small. Cyclops dispersed before they were done with mysis.
This time I offered cyclops alone as a pre-breakfest. Fish seemed a bit annoyed by the amount of effort needed 😉.
Thanks!
 
My Exquisita has scraped himself up on LR before and the lesions healed within a few days.

Food-wise, have your tried Rod's LRS nano? This is my guy's favorite food.
I will give it a go. We don't have Rod's LRS nano in Australia, but there are a few mixes I can try.
 
An update: Both spots disappeared within 2 days and no new spot showed since. So, hopefully they were abrasions, as suggested. No treatment of any kind applied. Fish acts normally. I keep monitoring.

Thank you everyone for the diagnoses and advices. Very appreciated!

Edit: Fish eats only frozen mysis. Actively spits out any flake or pellet I try to snick in with the mysis. It doesn't likes worms either. Clearly a Millennial... 🤦‍♂️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new