Help! Unexpected delivery incoming

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two months ago I ordered a laboutei and lineatus fairy wrasse for my 55g tank and on advise cancelled this order as they were going to be too big for the tank.

Long story short for some reason when I arranged my leopard wrasse to ship here today, they processed the old order as well :O

I left them a message to call me ASAP before they ship but if it’s too late what the heck do I do, because my QT is 10g. I can’t have 4 wrasse in this tank (there is a flasher in there atm). Do I make another QT tonight.

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two months ago I ordered a laboutei and lineatus fairy wrasse for my 55g tank and on advise cancelled this order as they were going to be too big for the tank.

Long story short for some reason when I arranged my leopard wrasse to ship here today, they processed the old order as well :O

I left them a message to call me ASAP before they ship but if it’s too late what the heck do I do, because my QT is 10g. I can’t have 4 wrasse in this tank (there is a flasher in there atm). Do I make another QT tonight.
Hi! They will most likely see your message, but if not, I believe you can return them, or even if it’s not your fault it’s your job to get them to a safe home! Or a trusted local fish shop:)

OP
OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! They will most likely see your message, but if not, I believe you can return them, or even if it’s not your fault it’s your job to get them to a safe home! Or a trusted local fish shop:)

Unfortunately they are coming from across the country and the time there right now is 4.30pm - it’s highly likely they’ve been picked up for transit. Hoping not though.

I don’t think they would cope with a trip back. If I sent them tomorrow it would be possible they don’t make it in before the weekend - logistics are super unreliable right now.

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately they are coming from across the country and the time there right now is 4.30pm - it’s highly likely they’ve been picked up for transit. Hoping not though.

I don’t think they would cope with a trip back. If I sent them tomorrow it would be possible they don’t make it in before the weekend - logistics are super unreliable right now.
Do you personally know anyone w a reef tank?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this happens again, what you can do is grab a few 5 gallon buckets and fill them halfway (with covers!) so you'll have at least some area to put the fish into.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of fish come in at hyposalinity by accident so I could not add them to my DT. I set up a QT that same day with a sponge filter, biospira, and prime. It worked great. I just did an extra water change or two in the first week. My ammonia badge never detected anything though. I was glad I had spare RODI and mixed salt in storage. Just had to add more RODI to get the salinity to match for the QT and heat it up as fast as I could.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
In a quarantine setting, they should be ok for a few weeks. Be sure to acclimate them well. Introduce under low light to keep them calm and slowly ramp up the whites

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back