Help us fix our LIVE SALES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Which live sale format do you prefer?

• Total voters
OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

tgafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I see option 1 as the best from a company standpoint. The quick competition creates a better chance of a reaction purchase regardless of price. As a consumer and live sale participant I enjoy option 3 the best for several reasons:
Allows for frequent breaks to actually accomplish something outside of the sale.
Gives those with slower internet a better chance of picking up some items.
30 minutes is short enough to still encourage banter and community in between drops compared to once an hour.
Those are my .02

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was guilty of adding to the 600+ people on the 3000+ coral live sale. Buuut I was just in there shaking my head at all the impulse buyers!!! Crazy how people throw money around like that!!! Anyways my vote goes to the every hour one. Still makes it fun and u do actually get more people getting what they actually want and having a little more time to think. Nothing worse than someone buying something before they even know they have the means to care for it. Good job tsa for giving your customers the chance to voice their opinions. Speaks volumes in my book. Reef on !!!

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI I purchased this bill Murray as a frag for 30 bucks on a live sale that dropped 100 per hour a while back. I even had the time to text a pic to the warden (wife) before the purchase lol

E1A50D6D-8DEC-4FA4-8210-C8D549EE3C74.jpeg

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI I purchased this bill Murray as a frag for 30 bucks on a live sale that dropped 100 per hour a while back. I even had the time to text a pic to the warden (wife) before the purchase lol

E1A50D6D-8DEC-4FA4-8210-C8D549EE3C74.jpeg
Dddddid you say 30 bucks!!!!?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a TSA thread, please lets keep it as such. :)

They are asking US, the consumer, how they can serve us better.

Brittanyjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine if you had to do auction style at the grocery store. Up next... a 10 lb bag of flour! Only one we have today, 30% off!

;Facepalm
Only you have to say “MAYBE it’s the only one left, you’ll have to stick around to find out if we have more”...

Brittanyjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ok I’ll admit. I like the live sales. It is a fun way to spend an afternoon and I love listening to people talk about the corals and looking at the pretty pictures.

I do it for fun and to try and snag a few good deals. It’s like gambling. You have to drop the “$5” corals randomly or I wont keep coming back.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never participated in live sales except for you guys. I think the hourly format makes sense. FWIW I don’t have time to click every few minutes for a refresh which is why I don’t bother with live sales for most of your competitors.

putting sales aside - multiple orders I got from you are hands down best quality corals - keep up the good work!

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Option 2 or 3 for sure. Nice to also have a reef to reef forum for general chat during the day too, but post on website.

last one was pretty perfect for me.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd prefer they be dropped all at once or as fast as your system can handle. Forgo $5 frags and freebies and make everything a little less expensive instead. I think for every happy person who lands a coveted frag at a live sale, there are 4 people who become bitter and feel like they got screwed. I'm not sure if this is a great long term business model.

Bit this wasnt an option so I vote for larger batches on the hour.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a more traditional model like putting everything on the site at once and letting customers shop at their leisure an option? I don't understand the live/flash/impulse stuff :)

This. TSA FYI I only buy from those who do it the traditional way.

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we have noticed a lot of debate on the topic of live sales lately. We wanted to give everyone the opportunity to help us decide the format for our next live sale. We will start a pole and you guys can let us know which one you prefer. There will be three possible format options and everyone can let us know which they prefer.

Option 1: Traditional live sale formatting. Corals get posted in batches of four to five pieces every five minutes or so. While this format does keep the action going steadily all throughout the day, it does require anyone trying to snatch up certain pieces to be on their computer or phone all day long.

Option 2: Flash sale formatting. A wide range of corals get dropped every hour on the hour. Doing the sale in this format allows customers to not have to be on their phone or PC all day long. You just get on right before the batch drops, check out with all the pieces from that hour that you wanted and then have the rest of the hour free before the next drop. However throughout the hour we also release heavily discounted or free corals for those who choose to stay.

Option 3: Same as option 2, but with drops every 30 minutes instead of hourly. Batches would be a little smaller and would keep the action going a little more steadily. Again in this format for those who choose to stay we will drop heavily discounted and or free pieces.

All of our customer's opinions are highly valued and we want everyone to have the best possible experience when shopping with us. It's all about everyone having some fun, posting some memes and getting some sweet corals at great prices! Also if you guys have any ideas that may help improve the over all experience please let us know, we would definitely love to hear them!
I love the live sales. Probably 80% of my corals are from them. I like them coming every few minutes. It is exciting. I know people can get frustrated when they don't win one, but the same thing is going to happen in the other formats. I would rather have many chances every few minutes then 1 chance every hour at being quick enough to check out.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back