has anyone had a problem with vibrant for reef aquariums? my dad and i just tried it and immediately the fish started to show signs of stress and get VERY sick. we put them in another small tank but i dont think most of them will make it.
the measuring cup used only holds 10ml, so even if we did measure wrong it couldnt have been more than 10ml.Double check the dose. I would be surprised, and first time I've heard, that 8 ml of Vibrant caused this.
I was going to ask what else was done but let me rephrase. Was anything else done at the same time of the dose?
I've used Vibrant in my 210 gallon and it caused no issues with corals, fish, or anything else other than clearing the problem. First time it worked in less than 24 hours. I didn't export the new nutrients from the die off so it lead to another algae bloom which was worse than before. Went through another round but this time paying attention to the die off of algae and it was flawless this go around.
Important to keep your skimmer running during the dosing. But to be sure I'd double check the actual dose.
ive added some pictures of the tank before that show some of the algae. ive also added a before and after of our monti coral. and two pictures of what the tank currently looks like.Hi There, someone just messaged me about your thread. Sorry to hear of your troubles The measuring cups that come with the bottles hold 30ml of solutions. Can you tell me how much was actually dosed and what algae's you have within the tank. Maybe a photo would help as well
a quick ammonia test after we got the fish out of the tank showed a major ammonia spike in the tank. ammonia reached between 0.50ppm and 1.0ppmHi, thanks for the pics We have had a few handfuls of people read the directions wrong by dosing 1ml per gallon instead of per 10 gallons with no issues, so believe this is not a overdose thing. The only time we have run into something like this, is when there are toxic dinos or toxins held within the algae's. This is super rare, but I can only assume there was some form of toxins held within the algae your tank had. The only other thing I can think of, would be low oxygen levels, which generally wouldn't happen so quickly. What do you run for filtrations on your tank?