Help!! What is growing on my Zoa?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zachSalty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
67
Reaction score
39
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys have been always open and so full. I discovered this line with black dots and maybe eggs on them? I have attached pictures. All my other spas are big a beautiful. These guys are sorta just opening and closing

49C1FA9D-7D66-489A-9782-63D6F66CDA27.jpeg F0C147A5-3C1C-4900-975F-B8B51E39E655.jpeg AC79D6E5-1B8B-4146-B3A9-AA859C083298.jpeg
 
They look like nudibranchs…I’m assuming a zoa eating type. Dipping removes adults but not eggs.
 
The eggs have to be manually removed; I’m not aware of anything that kills the eggs.
I took the coral out and found 4 live ones and then plucked the eggs. It is wide open and happy again. I’ll have to keep a watch out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new