HELP! What is killing our fish one by one?!?

OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new information did not particularly help (but appreciated). Pictures are paramount. Second - if fish are dying rapidly, a hospital tank should be prepared - and the fish moved to that. That will also make pictures easier to take. Then a decision can be made about what treatment.

Mantis shrimp can cause multiple injuries (small) - and you will not necessarily see the 'attack'. Another 'plan' would be to set a trap and get rid of (ask your LFS if they want it) - the mantis shrimp.
Yes, thank you. I did some research on how to trap a Mantis Shrimp. I am going to try one of the home made traps I read about right now. I realize this would probably be more successful if done in the evening but my friend really wants to get that thing out of his tank. Not only is it destructive on multiple levels but gets irritating after a while hearing the clicking all the time.

OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thank you. I did some research on how to trap a Mantis Shrimp. I am going to try one of the home made traps I read about right now. I realize this would probably be more successful if done in the evening but my friend really wants to get that thing out of his tank. Not only is it destructive on multiple levels but gets irritating after a while hearing the clicking all the time.
And pics/video being done now

OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, typically FW dips are one time, just to see if large flukes fall off, and then, FW dips can buy you some time. There is a technique where you dip

Jay
Thank you very much for the reply. Did you post a link on the technique on how to do this properly? I don’t see it if you did. Or is that something I need to Google?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much for the reply. Did you post a link on the technique on how to do this properly? I don’t see it if you did. Or is that something I need to Google?
@Jay Hemdal wrote an article - and posted the protocol - I cannot find it. Hopefully he will answer soon.

OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal wrote an article - and posted the protocol - I cannot find it. Hopefully he will answer soon.
Thank you for looking for it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you read both lengthy updates? I can’t think of any other info that may be needed, except for the pics/video.

OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually - I possibly mis-spoke. He wrote a lengthy article on hypo salinity. BUT - I might be hallucinating - but I think he has posted also on FW dips. Here, though is a relatively good protocol:

You are awesome! Many many thanks! Will check it out right after video/pic. Trying to do now. She is of course in a spot in the tank that makes it difficult to get a decent view of her in total. (All sides)

OP
OP
Wicked333Whiskey

Wicked333Whiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually - I possibly mis-spoke. He wrote a lengthy article on hypo salinity. BUT - I might be hallucinating - but I think he has posted also on FW dips. Here, though is a relatively good protocol:

I have a quick question regarding this. For the Ammonia Neutralizing product. He has 2 products here. One is Microbe-Lift Nite-Out II & the other is Ammo Lock. Would either of these work & if so which is better or if not, what should we get?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a quick question regarding this. For the Ammonia Neutralizing product. He has 2 products here. One is Microbe-Lift Nite-Out II & the other is Ammo Lock. Would either of these work & if so which is better or if not, what should we get?
I have no experience with either. Unfortuantely:)

Back