HELP WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY TANK

nemobestie23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a new anemone and starfish. Starfish did not survive. Anemone is not attached but will open during the day. At night it deflates super small and regurgitated a piece of krill.
Sal: 1.025
Nitrates/nitrites: ok
Ph: great
Alk: great
Anomia: 0

I just got this little guy 4 days ago. Idk what else I can do for him without it dying on me. He was doing great on day 2 just moving trying to find a home. Today he was fully open and happy. Tonight he was detached and balled up. I moved him to the front of the tank now he regurgitated a piece of krill. Did I over feed? Is he dying?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a new anemone and starfish. Starfish did not survive. Anemone is not attached but will open during the day. At night it deflates super small and regurgitated a piece of krill.
Sal: 1.025
Nitrates/nitrites: ok
Ph: great
Alk: great
Anomia: 0

I just got this little guy 4 days ago. Idk what else I can do for him without it dying on me. He was doing great on day 2 just moving trying to find a home. Today he was fully open and happy. Tonight he was detached and balled up. I moved him to the front of the tank now he regurgitated a piece of krill. Did I over feed? Is he dying?
The most important thing is to get it to attach …
Turn wave makers low and it should eventually attach .

What kind of anemone is it ?
Do you have pictures of the tank ?

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on tank age question. Nems seem to take 2-4 weeks to really settle in and be happy. My anemone has survived a lot, so yours has a chance :face-with-tears-of-joy:

What kind of lights do you have?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
impulse buying in this hobby is expensive and often cruel to the animals. Its very important to research a little before any new purchase, including adequate tank size, feeding, tank mates, water conditions, etc.... Every animal is unique and has unique requirement that is our responsibility to study before purchase.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great and ok are not adequate "parameters" to get help. Whats great and ok for some people/corals are not for others.
Yup need some numerical values for these parameters, and most tanks dont support nems till they fairly established. Now you can have nems early if you know what you're doin. But a pico 5gal nem tank is basically advanced/expert

OP
OP
nemobestie23

nemobestie23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks. One is starting out the other was gifted to me. This one is 10gallons with the BTA and clownfish. I wanted to try the other one with just regular fish from scratch so I had a better understanding

OP
OP
nemobestie23

nemobestie23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
impulse buying in this hobby is expensive and often cruel to the animals. Its very important to research a little before any new purchase, including adequate tank size, feeding, tank mates, water conditions, etc.... Every animal is unique and has unique requirement that is our responsibility to study before purchase.

My uncle gifted this tank to me. The other one I’m starting fresh. The clownfish seems to do okay. I was told to move the starfish to the clownfish tank I started and it died after a month. This tank with the nem is a 10gal tank that’s been going for 13months. Two different questions for two different tanks.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My uncle gifted this tank to me. The other one I’m starting fresh. The clownfish seems to do okay. I was told to move the starfish to the clownfish tank I started and it died after a month. This tank with the nem is a 10gal tank that’s been going for 13months. Two different questions for two different tanks.
For the most part . Starfish have very high mortality rate .

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks. One is starting out the other was gifted to me. This one is 10gallons with the BTA and clownfish. I wanted to try the other one with just regular fish from scratch so I had a better understanding
Gotcha. Was it that the anemone was 4 days new to the tank or that it and the tank were 4 days new to you? Also, how is it looking today?

kyle38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you buy it from? Did you watch how they handled it if it was a local place? If the forcefully removed it from anything they may have injured it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back