help with a lighting decision

scooterf250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone,
i know this can be a touchy topic but here it goes. i have a clear for life 50gal all in one tank, tunzi skimmer, gfo reactor, i have a few softie corals zoas, palys, mushrooms. fish stock is 2 clowns, 1 damsil, 1 goby, all small fish. My issue is i'm using two current 36 inch led strips(not the ic pro's) i feel there not going to be powerful enough i hope to add some sps and a few other corals that will require a higher par #and i want to upgrade lights. would love to know what you fellow reefers are using? I am considering a pair of radion xr15 or A I Hydra 32's or even the kessils a360x. due to the tank dimensions of 35inch long 15inch wide 20inches depth, i'm considering a mounting hight of 8 inches. i'm assuming i will need two for an even spread of light. I am so torn and would love some feed back
thanks for reading..

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d keep the Current USA LED’s for fill in light and dimming effects ... I own 2 and use them likewise
Just 1 opinion but I can’t even remember when I got my Kessil 350/360 Tuna’s
Also have AI’s and like them too

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there’s a bad choice between the AIs and Radions. I’m not a big Kessil fan but they do work. I’ve been using AI for years and I’ve never had any issues with them

Back