Help With AI Hydra 64’s on 75G.

downingmr713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone close to me is selling AI Hydra 64 HD’s for 200 a piece and I’m looking to upgrade from my crappy black boxes, but have no clue how to space them or how to mount them on a standard 75 gallon. All the mounts I’ve seen are only for rimless tanks. Thanks for any help in advance.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone close to me is selling AI Hydra 64 HD’s for 200 a piece and I’m looking to upgrade from my crappy black boxes, but have no clue how to space them or how to mount them on a standard 75 gallon. All the mounts I’ve seen are only for rimless tanks. Thanks for any help in advance.
we have a canopy and you don't mention if you have a canopy... BUT ... we picked up local home improvement store aluminum bar, mounted the lights evenly spaced onto bar, then attached the bar to canopy top using small chains screwed into canopy. They are about 6 inches above the water. I do knock into them sometimes but I'm klutzy. Personally, I'm a canopy lover because I don't like the bright light shining in my eyes when I'm sitting enjoying my tank. I don't even like the canopy doors being open during feeding or water changes... not just because its an opportunity for fish to pickup carpet surfing hobby, but the light is too bright - tank loves them!! Also don't like to look at the sun.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back