Help with ai prime 16hd settings

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g with 3 ai prime 16hds houses softies and bubble tips
How night off water should I be and what setting would be best. Don’t like it super blue but don’t like super bright

biguebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS did a couple youtube videos on these lights - one of them had recommended settings I believe? I am about to buy some myself , dont have yet so cant comment from experience

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g with 3 ai prime 16hds houses softies and bubble tips
How night off water should I be and what setting would be best. Don’t like it super blue but don’t like super bright
BRS recommend 10-13 inches I believe. Mine are at the top of the hard mount height and it’s a little over 11 inches. Good blending at the height

Illbeedat1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u use the mounts. Go as high as it allows.

Attachments

• 20210502_164330.jpg
    20210502_164330.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 29

Austin J Vatalaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People underestimate how powerful those little rigs are haha they bleached a few of my montis. I am using a pre setting online from their website that seems to be doing good. I would check out some of their presettings and look to see if anyone is using the same settup for you dimensions of tank.

asome_one

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As this was never answered and rather recent I'm bumping. I think the main question here was the proper settings of light for the tank as all the spectrums, length of each, and schedules can be quite a task to research and figure out properly. I hope that those who asked previously have since googled the question as I did and figured out that AI offers multiple lighting schedules from their contributors as a baseline. I personally use the one from David Saxby. However, as I don't have similar corals have been searching this question in r2r.
Considering how customizable this light is and how finicky coral and algae can be it would be nice to have a baseline for something we can start with without going through months or years of trial and error. I say this simply because its apparent these lights are popular and there must be others who have already gone through the struggle.
I personally fail to understand why on some of their suggested presets they have people who use the light for only the blues and keep everything else next to zero. You could buy another cheaper light with the same output and do that. Whats the point. I want to use the spectrums to the best of my abilities.

Edit: I'll stick my own foot up my butt cause everything that I asked and has been asked has been answered as I'm going through further threads. insert foot in booty emoji

Last edited:

Austin J Vatalaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As this was never answered and rather recent I'm bumping. I think the main question here was the proper settings of light for the tank as all the spectrums, length of each, and schedules can be quite a task to research and figure out properly. I hope that those who asked previously have since googled the question as I did and figured out that AI offers multiple lighting schedules from their contributors as a baseline. I personally use the one from David Saxby. However, as I don't have similar corals have been searching this question in r2r.
Considering how customizable this light is and how finicky coral and algae can be it would be nice to have a baseline for something we can start with without going through months or years of trial and error. I say this simply because its apparent these lights are popular and there must be others who have already gone through the struggle.
I personally fail to understand why on some of their suggested presets they have people who use the light for only the blues and keep everything else next to zero. You could buy another cheaper light with the same output and do that. Whats the point. I want to use the spectrums to the best of my abilities.

Edit: I'll stick my own foot up my butt cause everything that I asked and has been asked has been answered as I'm going through further threads. insert foot in booty emoji
Thank you! I've been using one of the presets for a 29g and I am getting crazy hair algae growth so I have the lights off because I have no fish or coral at the moment

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back