Help with attaching RODI unit directly to sink?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
4,825
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Remodeling our bathroom and want to add hook ups for an RODI unit. . . I was not sure what size all the plumbing was going to be so I ordered parts from BRS in various sizes and somehow I also ended up with other parts I don't remember ordering???

Anyway, want to make sure I understand this. . .

The drain seems easy (I watched a video), just tap into a horizontal section of drain pipe and add this (with the gasket):

IMG_1844.jpeg


The cold water hook up has me confused. . . I have two sizes of saddle valves (the things that pierce the pipe), but I have since read that this is a bad idea:

IMG_1843.jpeg


I have these two things that I think will work? If I understand correctly the plastic piece can just get threaded in where the faucet hose (the bendy mesh one) meets the copper:

IMG_1845.jpeg
IMG_1842.jpeg
 
It looks like they provided you with multiple options. I agree that the saddle valves on pressurized lines are not the best. Without seeing the current plumbing, it is hard to give you specifics but the brass fixture is the option that I would typically use if it fits into your current piping.
 
It looks like they provided you with multiple options. I agree that the saddle valves on pressurized lines are not the best. Without seeing the current plumbing, it is hard to give you specifics but the brass fixture is the option that I would typically use if it fits into your current piping.
I believe the brass T I have will fit (it was intended for a water cooler I think), but how do I go from the brass to RODI tubing? I assume it is possible considering the saddle valves they provide are the same way?
 
I believe the brass T I have will fit (it was intended for a water cooler I think), but how do I go from the brass to RODI tubing? I assume it is possible considering the saddle valves they provide are the same way?
There are adapters to go from the brass to RODI tubing. Usually the are sold under the brand of Sharkbyte or John Guest fittings and can be found online or at most hardware stores.
 
This is what I used for under my sink.

John Guest Speedfit 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/4 Inch Angle Stop Adapter Valve, Push to Connect Plastic Plumbing Fitting, ASVPP1LF https://a.co/d/1Ud12Xn
Goes inline where your faucet hoses connects to your supply
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new