Is this RODI unit still ok to use with surface rust?

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo2oh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

turbo2oh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
179
Reaction score
56
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BRS five stage RODI unit is pretty old and I’m starting a new tank and trying to decide if I need to bite the bullet and buy a new unit before I mount this one. It has some rust where the canisters mount to the top of the unit I’m attaching a photo is this OK to use?

IMG_4152.jpeg IMG_4153.jpeg
 
It’s good as long as the rust isn’t coming in contact with the water being produced.
 
I agree, as long as no rust is leaching into the water being filtered, you will be ok!
 
I’m not sure how to verify that. I included a photo of the bottom as well. I’m assuming the indentation for the screws is isolated from the water flow.
 
I’m not sure how to verify that. I included a photo of the bottom as well. I’m assuming the indentation for the screws is isolated from the water flow.
Yes. It is isolated. If it wasn’t, there would be water leaking through the top and unit.
 
yes you are ok.
I would clean and spray some paint (rust-o-leum) on it so it doesnt spread too fast.....
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new