OP
OP
S

sam2216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does this mean? Do you have a powerhead in the tank? If so, of and when you get another anemone, use a nem guard.
Yes, but this time I don’t think I’ll get an anemone. But thanks for letting me know though. Anyways, I was thinking of getting a lot of new live rock to put many coral on it. Also, I want the six line because it eats bristle worms and other pests.

OP
OP
S

sam2216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there some alternatives of the clean up crew? I mean is there some fish that do the same job?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there some alternatives of the clean up crew? I mean is there some fish that do the same job?
No.
For algae, even if your tank was large enough for some of the common herbivorous fish (it's not), you would still need a clean up crew. If you have an aversion to having snails, etc in your aquarium, you may be in the wrong hobby...

For detritus you can over feed and try to get the bristleworms to have a baby boom - they are probably the best detritivores you can get. Or, there are snails, crabs, shrimp, etc that can help with that too

(And I would not expect the six line to do much to the bristleworm population).

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. So instead of the starfish adding an emerald crab or some snails be okay?
I'm not trying to be harsh, but it sounds like you need to do some actual research and find out what the basics are for a successful tank. I previously posted multiple links to guides here on R2R and there are plenty of other resources online.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back