Help with BTAs

  • Thread starter Thread starter ratposs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yea I would gradually crank up the lights. I'm not sure how high you have them from the surface of your tank or where the anemone is positioned but You should be able to go up to 75+
 
Not sure pH is worth worrying about in this situation. I sure wouldn't dose anything for it, if I understand the current tank correctly. pH is definitely interesting to help figure out what the system is up to, but forcefully adjusting it is a little over the top for most situations.

Why are you dosing Ca and alk? Were they low? Looks like your tank might do pretty well with water changes and the occasional Ca/alk correction.


Based on my use of Fluvals in FW (where they work pretty well for me), if I used them for SW I'd personally put at least three of those fixtures on a 90g and start with about a 75% level on white, and other colors adjusted to appearance.
I worry about ph for the sake of coral growth. This is still a pretty young tank, but I really want to make sure I am not killing off my corals from something that is completely preventable.

I was having low Ca and Alk before I left for vacation. Tried to make adjustments through apex, but i lost connectivity to it, and struggled to get back on it.

This is a Fluval Sea & Marine 36-48" spectrum bluetooth led 36 watt light. I can easily adjust it from the app, and It can put off a lot more light than it currently is.
 
That light should probably be near max in the settings, but you may need a second. Check out par maps for this light.
Forgive my ignorance, par maps? any help with this would be awesome as well.
 
Best get a decent test kit. I would not use a test strip to make any decisions from. I like Salifert for NO3, personally.

FYI, hardness isn't relevant in a marine tank.
Just ordered that kit. thanks!
 
I was having low Ca and Alk before I left for vacation
What were the levels then? If you went from low (less than 400/7, roughly) to what you noted above (530/13) in a week or two, then things are very not stable. Stability is 100x more important than chasing some pH number.
 
What were the levels then? If you went from low (less than 400/7, roughly) to what you noted above (530/13) in a week or two, then things are very not stable. Stability is 100x more important than chasing some pH number.
I was at 415 for Cal on the 17th.
 
How are your nems doing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new