Help with calcium reactor

TAHK

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Messages
98
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,
I have installed in sump calcium reactor by Octopus. It is their 220 model. It worked fine for about a week with partially closed gas recirculation conduit. Now it has a bunch of gas circulating trough it. The regulator is Carbondoser. The effluent is pulled through with the Kamoer pump. The media is Reborn.
The regulator settings at “4” (4sec per bubble) with the bubble chamber showing 54 bubbles/min on average. Kamoer is flowing at 25 ml/min. I have closed recirculation conduit as it helped with the internal bubbles before. The Octopus Vario S-6 is at full speed as recommended by the manufacturer.
My questions are: how to drain/de-air the system?
How do I prevent this from happening in the future?
This setup worked quietly for a week with stable pH/alkalinity/Ca.
All help is appreciated.
 
Have you tired to bleed out the gas thru the probe opening in the top?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new