Help with Clownfish

Zbrady72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning and notice that one of my snails was flipped on his back no big deal. When I went to flip him over I noticed my water was much cooler than normal. I check the thermometer and the tank had dropped about 12° to 66° overnight. I figured the heater must have gone out so I replaced it with my back up and slowly heated the water back up to 78°. My clown fish has been acting funny since staying in the corner of the tank on the sand bed. I’ll attach a video. Has anyone had this happen to you? Is there anything I can do? All my other fish seem to be normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1539.MOV
    15.9 MB

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my pair of clownfish always sleep on the sand and host the back glass. I think that clowns are just funny fish, hence their name. If your clown is eating, my guess is that he will be fine. 66 is a little cold, but most established fish are fairly hardy in colder temperatures. Hot temperatures, on the other hand, can kill quickly because oxygen does not stay in the water.

OP
OP
Zbrady72

Zbrady72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, he wouldn’t swim up to eat this morning but I am going to try and feed him again tonight.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back