help with controllers

jjn42b

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,

this may be a really stupid question but this seams to be the place to try and get it answered.

I'm looking at a control system, prob APEX, but will have to wait a bit for it, so in the mean time I need to get some power heads, I already have two heaters and 4 x T5 lights. So the question is do i need specific power heads and would i need to change the heaters and lights to work with the controler??

Also moving forward would i need to get specific reactors or top up kit to work with the controller.

thanks for your help

jase

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to get anything special that I'm aware of, at least not any of the things you mentioned.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the heaters and lights no, there would be nothing different other than plugging them in and setting up timmers and temperature settings etc. as for the power heads it depends on if you want them to be interfaced with the controller. Apex has direct control over Tunze and Vortech power heads with an (wxm module for the Vortechs), or a regular power head will be fine, just not controllable past on or off. There is also a wavemaker feature that will just turn the power heads on and off at a set interval for variable flow.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back