Help with coral and placement?

bhsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a 16g bio cube currently, with some zoas, acan, mushrooms and a Duncan. I want to start a zoa garden and get more coral but I am just wondering which corals can touch and which ones should be placed by themselves. Also I the acans are doing great but I’m thinking of moving them. Will they do fine on a plug in sandbed?

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a 16g bio cube currently, with some zoas, acan, mushrooms and a Duncan. I want to start a zoa garden and get more coral but I am just wondering which corals can touch and which ones should be placed by themselves. Also I the acans are doing great but I’m thinking of moving them. Will they do fine on a plug in sandbed?

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're not sure if a coral can touch another, don't. But most zoas can touch one another and acans as well. Most LPS and softies can touch but only if they are the same species. SPS don't apply with only a handful of exceptions I can think of. Yes acans will be fine in the sand. I keep all mine on the sand bed. Assuming there's enough light.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back