help with gen 5 blues

johnston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys so i have 3 gen 5 blues on my tank and am running 4 fish 1 nem and all zoas i have it set to the lps/softie template will the radient color grow them good or what is best schedule to use? ty in advance

Gordonm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys so i have 3 gen 5 blues on my tank and am running 4 fish 1 nem and all zoas i have it set to the lps/softie template will the radient color grow them good or what is best schedule to use? ty in advance
Whatever u like

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For what you have that will be perfect!

If the nem starts climbing for the top it means it wants more light.

What overall intensity are you running them at?

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running mine at 55% total intensity with all the individual color channels at 100% for about 8 hours. I started at 30% total intensity and worked my way up by about 5% every week or two to not bleach everything with too much light. These lights will definitely grow your zoas and nem. I found the BRS video on the lights very helpful - maybe check that out because it’ll cover PAR and spread.

OP
OP
johnston

johnston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im at 55% but my tank is 3 ft deep par are good ill post my readings so are you saying the radiant color template is good? or should i
IMG_0027.png
stick with the lps/softie template?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found zoanthids can look better in more light. A lot of people think low light is necessary but acclimating them to higher light I have found grows them and colors them better.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back