Help with ICP results?

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/43d27ea2a54f53bb56a9

Got my ICP test back and see that lithium is very high on trace elements and aluminum is sky high on pollutants. Could the marine pure balls be the source of the aluminum? I’ve read that they’ve been identified as leaching aluminum.
link above to the test and the RODI water was perfect.
All of my frags have recently and suddenly died and large monti caps that have been in for months and growing well suddenly died a couple of months ago. I’ve recently lost my Duncan colonies and had 2 torches and a couple of hammers have complete head bailout.
any help would be appreciated.//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/43d27ea2a54f53bb56a9

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lithium is a common contaminant in salt mix, but I don't know if your value is consistent with that explanation. High aluminum is often connected to the use of aluminum containing media.

Oh, and because you mentioned Coral issues, I saw nothing in the icp report that would explain for the coral death. (Maybe other eyes will see it differently)

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lithium is a common contaminant in salt mix, but I don't know if your value is consistent with that explanation. High aluminum is often connected to the use of aluminum containing media.

Oh, and because you mentioned Coral issues, I saw nothing in the icp report that would explain for the coral death. (Maybe other eyes will see it differently)
Thanks for the reply. A little more info:
I’ve been using Fritz reef pro for salt mix and I dose B-ionic 2 part with a doser. The test indicates that several trace elements are low and that makes me want to consider switching to some thing like Trop Marin’s all for reef to incorporate trace elements to the dosing. It would probably be no more expensive than the B-ionic in the powder form.
The tank is a 150g Cade 1500 and is about 8 months old. I’m inclined to remove the marine pure balls and add something like genesis rock in the sump as biomedia.

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see a problem in the ICP that would suddenly kill corals.
Thanks for the response. My monti caps were growing really nicely and then a couple of months ago they lost all of their flesh within a week. A few weeks later I had a torch that has been with me for many months and within a few days it receded and the heads bailed out. All of my acro frags that were growing and had good color all died within a few days. This was a couple of weeks ago. In the last week or so I had a brain coral about 6 inches across that was not doing well when I got it 6 months or so ago, and had recovered completely and had very bright coloration, suddenly lose its flesh. I still have a couple of torches and a couple of hammers that seem to be doing ok.
I’m really at a loss as to what’s happening. There hasn’t been any fluctuations of water temp or chemistry. I don’t see any signs of disease. I do have a mild bryopsis outbreak that I’ve been manually removing.

Back