help with Identifing these clams from LFS

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious what type these are, maxima or squamosa or other?

938C7DCA-D3A1-48DE-AF5D-71B18DDA33C1.jpeg

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are about 2”, I went with the clam on the far left. The black/white one. Colors are so cool with clams but something about this black white was cool. I have him on a rock ledge In lower middle of my tank. It’s front and center. Lights are dimming now so don’t have a good picture. He hasnt opened up much yet...about the same it is in the picture above.

campaign000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It reminds me that dead Tahitian clam, which was called time bomb then, wiped out all clams in the tank of skinz78 years ago.

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a FTS of my tank and you can see where I put the clam on that center platform (front and center), from last night to today he turned himself 90 degrees to the right. My wife says hes moving around. I dont know if that means hes still settling in or is unhappy. And I guess this is as far as the mantle is extended right now. I havent seen him yet. Do you think I should move him further back onto that platform before he jumps off the ledge?

fts.jpg

c3.jpg

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was figuring this is a good flow spot, I have 2 MP40s on opposite ends that meeting in the middle (anti-sync with each other) so flow comes down about at that point but not blasting.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good, too much flow is not good as it will cause the clam to stay retracted which takes more energy than staying open. Smaller tridacna can also turn to the side as a result of too much light intensity but I would not worry about that at this point. That's a nice maxima!

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I cant wait to get home and see it again today. The first picture my wife sent made me wonder if it was actually blue? I had to tell her to put the blue filter clip we have for the iphone over it. This was the first picture she sent before the blue filter.

c2.jpg

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing is it is white, it just looked blue because of the camera picking up the blue light from the LED's on it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back