Help with killing white bugs on euphyllia using interceptor

Beck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So noticed small white bugs on my euphyllia and started doing some research how to kill these things. Seems like interceptor is what to use. Can anyone help me with the process?

Do I use interceptor or interceptor plus? And dosages?

20201229_162347.jpg 20201229_162310.jpg

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had lots of experience with these and the most effective treatment is using the original pills. Set up a small tank with a light over it and a small power head or air stone to get water movement and put your euphillia in there and let it open up as much as possible. Then crush a part of a pill up and mix it well with tank water and introduce it to the treatment tank. I always leave mine in it a few hours at least. This should pretty much wipe them out. I’m not sure what the dosage is but I generally add about 1/2 a pill to a 5 gallon tank when I did it. You’ll see the bug freak out and start releasing from the coral pretty quick. You can also treat the whole tank but it kills pods and shrimp so I don’t recommend doing that

OP
OP
B

Beck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had lots of experience with these and the most effective treatment is using the original pills. Set up a small tank with a light over it and a small power head or air stone to get water movement and put your euphillia in there and let it open up as much as possible. Then crush a part of a pill up and mix it well with tank water and introduce it to the treatment tank. I always leave mine in it a few hours at least. This should pretty much wipe them out. I’m not sure what the dosage is but I generally add about 1/2 a pill to a 5 gallon tank when I did it. You’ll see the bug freak out and start releasing from the coral pretty quick. You can also treat the whole tank but it kills pods and shrimp so I don’t recommend doing that
Thanks! I'll get some original Interceptor and give it a shot. Do you remember the color of box at all? The strength varies a lot from a small dog to a large one.

BROWNDogs 2-10 lbs2.3 mg Milbemycin OximeAdminister orally once a month✓-Click Here
GREENDogs 11-25 lbs / Cats 1.5-6 lbs5.75 mg Milbemycin OximeAdminister orally once a month✓-Click Here
YELLOWDogs 26-50 lbs / Cats 6.1-12 lbs11.5 mg Milbemycin OximeAdminister orally once a month✓-Click Here
WHITEDogs 51-100 lbs / Cats 12.1-25 lbs23 mg Milbemycin OximeAdminister orally once a month✓-Click Here

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interceptor plus can also be used as it's milbemycin oxime along with praziquantel. Which would be effective against insects and a bunch of worms too. Or use Dr G dip with prazipro. All the same thing.

Azra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
We're currently having this issue on one frogspawn. I am curious if this treatment worked for you?

Bo2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any product that contains milbemycin oxime/praziquantel? I tried searching online with the pet dewormer named milbemax but couldn’t find it in US.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back