Help with lighting

Jeff336

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have a bio cube 32 with a AI prime 16 but I'm upgrading the tank to a waterbox merine x 60.2, right now I mainly have zoas, lps and a few sps but would the one prime 16 be enough light when I want to add some acro?

Or be better off adding a 2ed 16 prime

Or used the one 16hd already have and get a 24" t5 hybrid fixture

The wate4box is 24" x 19" x 19"

Thanks you

SeaworthyAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to get away with just the one prime as they have a 24" spread, but you would probably only be able to put acros right in the middle of the tank and potentially have issues with shadowing down the line. Hybrid is always a better option for acros but the 2 primes would be easier to mount and less maintenance. Both should be able to grow acros easily in that set up so it's really whatever you prefer. I'd probably go with the two primes on a smaller tank like that.

OP
OP
J

Jeff336

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to get away with just the one prime as they have a 24" spread, but you would probably only be able to put acros right in the middle of the tank and potentially have issues with shadowing down the line. Hybrid is always a better option for acros but the 2 primes would be easier to mount and less maintenance. Both should be able to grow acros easily in that set up so it's really whatever you prefer. I'd probably go with the two primes on a smaller tank like that.

Good point easier to just mount another 16 and wouldn't have to worry buying bulbs ect. I thought probably get away with just one but yes in few years when everything bigger. Thanks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back