Help with moving tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter darylb94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

darylb94

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2013
Messages
240
Reaction score
1
Location
western australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys not a big move but I'm thinking of moving my tank from the bedroom out to the lounge room also I won't be having a bare bottom anymore I hate the look of it now I just bought 20kgs of aragonite sand what would the the best way to move everything?
 
In the past with my moves. I had 5 gallon buckets I would transfer water and rock into. My tanks have only been 29,46,50 gallon so I would leave fish in the tank with a few inches of water. Once I got tank in position would put everything but the amount I would do for a water change. In your case with adding sand I would make sure it's rinsed well and get your rock back in place and just add a little sand at a time. It can throw your system out of whack if you do it to fast.
 
Lot's of buckets. And good that you dont have sand that makes it much easier. Remember when you add the sand its going to leave your tank cloudy.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new