Help with my zoa garden.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got a biocube 32 led coming after my old one cracked. I ordered two frag rocks that hold three plugs each to make zoa gardens. I want to know about this possible combination for the two rocks. I plan to make one bam bam/Rasta/GB packers+Utter chaos (combo plug). The second I plan to make purple monsters+blue hornets (combo frag)/goblins on fire/vamps in drag. Do y’all think any species I listed will overgrow and crowd anything else out I plan to put them with?

Pics of the frags I have currently attached. Dont plan on moving my white zombies or fruit loops anywhere. The white plug are white paly grandis. So far they’re remaining solid white (not the pale bleached color)

1709CA5D-F228-4C23-86CA-D9472870E434.jpeg 5DBFEBFD-9736-4A24-98DA-52BAEE20B6D8.jpeg B9914325-2E92-4B04-BBEB-39C4743A3F20.jpeg 968D3D9F-EFBE-432C-A537-E72DCFDE03A0.jpeg 5757536A-8B68-4C42-8FC9-15E6C853B49C.jpeg EB33F672-9653-45C0-B0BC-FB6FB637C8F3.jpeg BF32830E-DE0E-42E3-8B11-AD005B2B22E4.jpeg 96E50878-52CC-4E71-A241-5CFCD99B1935.jpeg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would separate the combo plugs, that’s never worked out well for me. It’s a great way to get zoas cheaper but eventually one crowds out the other. Just cut the stem off the make a frag disk then cut the disk to separate the two zoas. Epoxy the disk fragment somewhere else on the rock and enjoy your garden! Just know that if you choose to make this a zoa garden, it will be very difficult to frag zoas off of. No big deal if you don’t want to sell them though :)

ps. Bam Bam and Dragon eye are pretty fast growers. So are goblins, and packers. Just trim them back when they encroach a little too much on other zoas, nbd

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would separate the combo plugs, that’s never worked out well for me. It’s a great way to get zoas cheaper but eventually one crowds out the other. Just cut the stem off the make a frag disk then cut the disk to separate the two zoas. Epoxy the disk fragment somewhere else on the rock and enjoy your garden! Just know that if you choose to make this a zoa garden, it will be very difficult to frag zoas off of. No big deal if you don’t want to sell them though :)

ps. Bam Bam and Dragon eye are pretty fast growers. So are goblins, and packers. Just trim them back when they encroach a little too much on other zoas, nbd
Footgal you always seem to show up to help me. The BG are on a wad (best way to describe it) with the utter chaos. How would you split the plug with the monsters and hornets? Everything else I think I can handle.

My dragon eyes are gonna have to be given away eventually they’ve got a gsp mat growing within them. I got a single polyp off to frag onto a flat rock. Once that starts growing the big colony is going.

GB packers and utter chaos plug attached.

4D3D0F59-5D74-413B-B9EE-255D995869EC.jpeg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I see your problem. Just let me grow out a bit then take as many polyps as you can, like you did with the dragon eyes. That way if one zoa overtakes the other, you have pure backup frags.

btw, those are actually purple hornets, gorgeous! Blue hornets have a skirt that alternates between blue and yellow and purples have just a yellow skirt.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Footgal you always seem to show up to help me. The BG are on a wad (best way to describe it) with the utter chaos. How would you split the plug with the monsters and hornets? Everything else I think I can handle. Or do you think I could just trim the purple monsters back so that the hornets could grow onto the rocks i ordered along side them?

My dragon eyes are gonna have to be given away eventually they’ve got a gsp mat growing within them. I got a single polyp off to frag onto a flat rock. Once that starts growing the big colony is going.

Attachments

• 0AA8DAED-7C24-40D4-B8F2-55DF39589AB0.png
    0AA8DAED-7C24-40D4-B8F2-55DF39589AB0.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I see your problem. Just let me grow out a bit then take as many polyps as you can, like you did with the dragon eyes. That way if one zoa overtakes the other, you have pure backup frags.

btw, those are actually purple hornets, gorgeous! Blue hornets have a skirt that alternates between blue and yellow and purples have just a yellow skirt.
Sorry stupid message posted twice. Anyhow, do you think I could just let the hornets grow with the monsters on those rocks I ordered and trim stuff around them so they can grow out as well?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry stupid message posted twice. Anyhow, do you think I could just let the hornets grow with the monsters on those rocks I ordered and trim stuff around them so they can grow out as well?
Yeah that sounds fine. Both are pretty slow growers for me

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back