OP
B

Buttsnorkler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!! Yes, What did you order and let’s see that tank.
09597286-A025-45AD-A4BC-4D0742572BF9.gif
I’ll share pictures as soon as I feed.

OP
OP
B

Buttsnorkler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.
You need to provide as much information as you can regarding your tank in order for folks here to attempt to help you.
Good luck.
ZomboMeme 16042021133042.jpg
I have a 32G bio cube. I replaced the stock filter with the In tank media basket. I have 2 clown fish a tiger goby and a mandarin dragonet in the tank. I have not had issues with the parameters so far. I clean and do water changes once a week. Oh I forgot to mention I have an enemone a Haitian purple tip. I didn’t wanted it but my wife impulsed bought it so it’s in my tank now. I also have a cleaner crew. Snails,2 emerald crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 hermit crabs. I bought a 90 gal tank from a friend but I’m currently working on re sealing it and cleaning it out

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI and welcome,

You have a few things on your side and a few I would watch. I would watch the dragonet, not really something you want in a newer tank. Please look up if not already done it’s care and feeding.

Good choice of corals, but be careful because some of them can become invasive. I would keep them isolated to each rock or frag as your tank grows. Especially Xenia.

Make sure to post pics. We like pics. Test your basic numbers frequently until you know they are solid and you have a routine and good luck.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent advice above, the only thing that I can add is that you insure you have pods to seed your tank so they in turn can feed your Mandarin.
I have one in my tank and before I got him I seeded the tank with chaeto from a LFS, it came loaded with pods, and after they were well established, I purchased additional pods to stack the odds in the favor of my Mandarin. 5 months in and he is fat and happy, but he will not eat anything I feed my other fish so those pods are essential.

Keep up with testing, monitoring and you are on your way.
Keep a close eye on your Xenia they tend to take over if not well isolated and trimmed on occasion.
Again, good luck and welcome.

OP
OP
B

Buttsnorkler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adequate lighting, proper flow per coral type, and a mature tank at least a few months old will help.
I’ve had my tank set up for 4 months now. How ever I’ve noticed that some algae is starting to grow. The rock is just a little green. I think is because I’m over feeding. I feed my fish pellets and frozen brine shrimp. Any suggestions on feeding amounts? Also on the algae I can see bubbles but is clear air bubbles is that normal?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 196 70.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back