Help with RO/DI please!

Brandon42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good man! I'll start that from now on to make it safer water to use. Now I'll just hope they will send me a replacement Psi meter. If not I'll just suck it up and have to buy one. Thanks for the info!

no problem! and even if you have to buy a new one its $20 dollars on there website. its not really necessary to have one either they sell them without them as well. i personally like to be able to check it though.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flush kits are a waste of money and do little other than give you a warm fuzzy feeling like you have done something.
The DI not filling up is normal and nothing to worry about, the water travels up through the cartridge in the middle so you don't see it.
Unscrew your pressure gauge to see if there are built up solids or scale plugging the hole. Cleannthe Teflon tape off the threads, add two wraps of new Teflon being careful to not cover the sensing unit in the end and screw it back in finger tight being careful it does not bottom out in the housing causing it to not register.
See if you can borrow a handheld TDS meter from a friend or buy one and forget about the inline. You need the tap TDS, RO only TDS and final RO/DI TDS to troubleshoot the system.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back