Help with rodi

DT_504

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am coming back to the hobby after a 4 year hiatus. When I last broke down my system in 2019 I disconnected my rodi and stored it in my garage. I did not drain the system out, so it's been sitting the last 4 years with water in it. Today I hooked it up to make sure all the connections still worked leaked free. Everything still worked great, and I was getting a reading of 4ppm without DI connected. Since it's been so long with water stored in it, I replaced the membrane, and all the filters. Now with the new membrane and all new filters its running at 10ppm without DI. I also followed BRS new membrane instructions of letting it produce 3 gallons of water then letting it flush for 2 minutes. Why do you think its performing worse with everything brand new?

Last edited:

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it run longer. I just set up a new rodi system that ran 10tds at first. After 30 minutes to an hour, it was down to 2tds after the membrane stage. You probably haven't run it long enough to remove all the preservative in the membrane yet.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ Agree with this.
Also, did you run the sediment and carbon canisters alone for 5-10 minutes to flush out all the carbon dust? The instructions for my RODI say to do this, then connect the membrane and run for at least 30 minutes before connecting the di.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back