Help with Scoly and critter ID

MammothWombat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
36
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today I noticed my scoly is showing spiky skeleton and there are two critters ( I think ) attached to it. Is that normal? and what are these two things?

Thanks,

Scoly_critter.jpg
 
Little hard to see but looks like hydroids. Can sting the coral and could explain the tissue recession.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new