OP
O

Opah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that, came right back. Not sure if I can dip in something?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrape it and let it dry out in the sun for a day or two. You can soak it in a bleach solution and then rinse with RODI. I clean my filter socks in a bleach solution. Just make sure you are using pure bleach (I get mine at Lowes).

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
don't get it - why are you leaving frags on a rack that long - glue them to a rock. Wash your rack and forget it? Sponges are not taking over your frags - or?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of sponge is that? My angelfish would crush normal orange/yellow sponge in a second, but it is also not strong enough to overtake a coral and does not grow that fast. Are you sure that is not some kind of matting bacteria? I am not telling or anything, just asking since I have never seen sponge like that before.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Urchin will not eat sponge but expose it to air for a couple of minutes and sponge will subside.

OP
OP
O

Opah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't get it - why are you leaving frags on a rack that long - glue them to a rock. Wash your rack and forget it? Sponges are not taking over your frags - or?
Yes, there is some on the plugs too. I'm nervous to move them onto the rock work, since I haven't seen any sign of the sponge on the existing rock work.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge problem in my tank with sponge overtaking over my "full grown corals". It is an ongoing battle. But certainly not on an eggcrate. :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, there is some on the plugs too. I'm nervous to move them onto the rock work, since I haven't seen any sign of the sponge on the existing rock work.
OH - I get it now. Well - for the most part - sponges are considered 'a positive'. Many fish tend to eat them - would that be an option? My guess is that you have sponges on the rock work as well - you just don't see them?

OP
OP
O

Opah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH - I get it now. Well - for the most part - sponges are considered 'a positive'. Many fish tend to eat them - would that be an option? My guess is that you have sponges on the rock work as well - you just don't see them?
Could be.

OP
OP
O

Opah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge problem in my tank with sponge overtaking over my "full grown corals". It is an ongoing battle. But certainly not on an eggcrate. :)
I think it came in on one of the frags. So far, it doesn't look like it made it onto the rock work. Hoping to keep it that way.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back